Volunteers make it happen! Our festival is almost entirely volunteer driven. It’s a great way to get involved and ensure the success of the festival! We welcome you to help us make it happen.
- You can volunteer in exchange for festival passes!
- Every 4 hours of volunteering = 1 day pass to the festival
- 12 hours of volunteering = 4-day pass to the festival
- We are also offering a chance to earn camping this year. Add 4 hours to earn tent camping and add 12 hours to earn vehicle camping. This is added on to the hours your need for your day passes. 16 hours= 4-day pass + tent camping and 24 hours = 4-day pass + vehicle camping
- Lest you be tempted, drinking is NOT allowed during your shift, neither is arriving to volunteer under the influence. If this policy is violated, you will not be eligible to volunteer in the future, and we reserve the right to cash your deposit.
- If you are under 18 years old, you must fill out a Parental Consent Form
- Volunteers must pay for parking & camping
We will begin scheduling volunteers around January 1 months in the order that we received each application. Please note, you are not confirmed to volunteer until a volunteer coordinator contacts you to schedule your shifts.
There are limited single day volunteer opportunities, but we do have some. Please note this preference on your application along with particular skills we may require in exchange for a single day pass. Wristbands are given for the same day during which your volunteer hours are completed.
Volunteer Deposit Policy
- Anyone who hasn’t completed their volunteer hours before the festival begins must give us a deposit for the full price of the ticket they are volunteering to earn. This helps us ensure that everyone keeps their commitments to volunteer & that the festival runs smoothly.
- 4 day pass = $120
- day pass(es) = add up the dollar amount for gate prices per day
You can give us your deposit like this-
- Credit Card Number – on the phone with the volunteer coordinator when you are getting scheduled, or when you arrive at the gate before picking up your wristband.
- Check – brought to the volunteer check-in area when you arrive at the festival
- Money Order – brought to the volunteer check-in area when you arrive at the festival. Please note: We will mail these back once the festival is over, they are not available immediately after your complete your shifts.
- NO CASH
Once you have put down a deposit & confirmed your volunteer schedule, you are responsible for showing up & fulfilling your shifts. Your deposit will be cashed if you do not show up for your shifts. You may call up to one week before the festival to cancel without penalty. One shift missed will result in your entire deposit being cashed.
Those are the rules that hold us all accountable to our commitments. The fun and fulfillment far outweigh the fine print! Thank you for considering being a part of this remarkable project!
- Set-Up & Breakdown – Help get the site ready for & clean up after the big event! This will begin approximately 1 week before the festival & run 1 week after. These crews do everything from setting up & taking down tents, stages, lights, dance floors, signs, decorations, fencing, the hospitality kitchen & more!
- Decorations – Site beautification. Hanging lights, banners, setting up the backstage areas etc.
- Hospitality Kitchen – We run a busy commercial kitchen on-site to feed our staff & performers. Volunteers help prepare & serve the food. Must be 18 or older! Restaurant experience preferred.
- Street Team – Taking it to the streets! Let your friends, family, & community know about this awesome event. Postering, flyering, & more! We especially welcome South Florida folks who know all the spots we have yet to checkout!
- Kid’s Village – Help facilitate organized projects, games, demonstrations, & hang out with the kids in the village. All children will be accompanied by an adult.
- Merchandise & Concessions – Selling our festival merch, T-Shirts etc & performer merchandise. Retail experience preferred.
- Parking – Directing cars to their spots & directing traffic.
- Stage Help – A wide range of experience is needed to ensure the stages running smoothly. We need help with production – stage-hands, equipment movers, emcees, and a small number of experienced stage techs to work along side our professional crews on sound, lights, & more.
- Gate & Perimeter Crew – Help facilitate traffic flow through the gates, check wristbands, & answer questions.
- Camp Rangers – Work in the campgrounds at our information headquarters. Help get folks situated, making sure they have the right passes, and keep the peace.
- Ticket Booth – Checking confirmation numbers, giving people wristbands, selling tickets, checking in performers, and greeting festival-goers.
- Zero Waste – Go Green! Our trash, recycling, & compost crew. Picking up trash cans & recycling bins, emptying them, moving it all to Zero-Waste Alley – our dumpster zone, & picking up trash on the grounds. Help the festival-goers compost correct materials at the food vendor area & keep trash out of the compost.
- Volunteer Check-In – Help check yourself in! Responsible for checking in volunteers, getting them oriented with the festival grounds, making sure they know their crew chiefs & schedules, & getting deposits.